Excellence: Personal Development
by Kevin Dees on May 17, 2017.
We all want to be the best version of ourselves but we need the right relationships with the right people to help us.
The right relationships are formed from shared core values and beliefs. Opposites do not attract when it comes to core values. Only when we have right relationships can we truly begin to personally develop toward what is excellent.
The right people are those who push us in our thinking and encourage us to have other mentors and perspectives. The right people stand for something and know what we stand for. This is why relationships come first in everything we do at Robojuice. Without the right relationships, there is little chance of excellence.
To build the right relationships and build toward excellence we all need people near and far to help us. To connect with people far away we have access to books, podcasts, videos, webinars, and conferences. To connect with people near us we have meetups, seminars, lunches, and coworking spaces.
Here are a few resources and websites to connect to the right people in leadership, marketing, design, and business:
- EntreLeadership (Book and Conferences)
- The Dave Ramsy Show (Podcast)
- Simon Sinek (Books and Talks)
- Donal Miller – Story Brand (Business and Leadership Podcast)
- Seth Godin (Marketing and Business Blog)
- A List Apart (Web Design Blog)
- Gary Vaynerchuk (Marketing YouTube)
- Don’t Make Me Think (Web Design and Marketing Book)
- The Art Of Explanation (Marketing Book)
- Unleashing the Idea Virus (Marketing Book)
- Predictably Irrational (Marketing Book)
- A Book Apart (Web Design Books)
- ConvergeSE (Web Design Conference)
- SXSW (Interactive Conference)